Sunday, November 16, 2008

content

So I haven't written nething in what seems like ages. Yes I have been busy with quite a few things happening in the past few months but that wasn't why I didn't write. I just couldn't drag myself away from my husband long enough to do anything alone. For whatever reason, it felt like he was on leave and had to go back within a few days. Even now that he is back to work, I still feel like that once in awhile. The move was great, the house is great...I am just still adjusting. I am not used to the country living. My old house backed up to harlem ave, I fell asleep listening to trucks and horns and crazy people in the apartments rite behind us. And now, I hear nothing. Nada. Except for every tiny and not so tiny creak this new house makes which makes for looong nites and many trips downstairs to make sure no one is breaking in. We have been here two months, when will the madness stop?! We have recently become professional mice killers. It started with one I found in my pantry and after a call to justin at work not resulting in him coming home to catch it, I had to wait. We set up a trap and got him in less than 24hrs. Then I saw another one, and was told I was crazy. But the trap went back up and we have caught 6 as of today. I believe I heard more tonite so we will see. Did I mention I hate hate hate mice?! I am also tryin to potty train a lazy 2 and a half year old. He will tell me after he's gone, "joe got lots of poo poo mama. Change me." He will even get the diaper and wipes for me. So he does all that yet is too lazy to go sit on the potty and do it himself! Can u say a little bit of daddy is in him?! Lol! He is also wanting to do everything himself. I can do it, I wanna do it. Let me do it. Its amazing to see him develop like that but almost a little devastating to my ego.like wait, I used to do that for u. And that. And that. At least I still have one more who needs me. Although she follows her brothers lead and tries everything he does. Including jumping over our couch, falls everytime but keeps doin it. She also found a new hiding spot inside the cabinets and I really can't find her sometimes. And for some odd reason, she is obsessed with climbin in the dishwasher. She's starting to form words and nods her head, and is starrting to understand more each day. But zak is her life and I am only needed when she is hungry, which thankfully is 99 percent of the time. Number 3 is in the works and I cannot wait. I cannot wait to put a kid down somewhere and have it sit still! Lol! All in all, everythings good. Kids are good. Justins good. House is good. Life is good. Haven't been able to say that for a long time!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

So glad you posted again! I love reading your blog. Zak still needs you! (Especially to change those poopy diapers! :)) We had a mice problem too. We bought Riddex at Bed Bath & Beyond & they really work to keep mice away. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&sku=15349930
We haven't seen any since (& no cleaning up dead mice). Your house is big so you'll need at least one per floor.
Baby 3 "in the works"? You're not pregnant yet, are you??? Or just trying still?
We need to get together soon. When Cooper's feeling better we'll come out for the day or something to play.
Love you!
Sarah

Kathleen said...

Dayna, YOU sound good! Those kids will need you forever. And believe it or not Zak is making progress. It's a lot more familiar to use his diaper, but before you know it he be using the "potty" and then you'll remember the old days when you didn't have to rush to get to a bathroom! Love you!

Mom