Tuesday, August 12, 2008

wow

Well we are officially almost at the ten day mark! I guess it is finally beginning to sink in. I am most looking forward to him just getting back to california so I can breathe a huge sigh of relief. Just knowing that he is safe will be the biggest weight lifted off of my shoulders. And that should be happening by the weekend so I will actually, for the first time in months, be able to fully enjoy a weekend with the kids. We are heading to the inlaws for a fair with something called bed races. I've seen something about them on tv but never in person. I never thought anybody really did them. Needless to say, it should be quite entertaining. Although I'm hoping zak doesn't assume that all beds move like that and that he wants to race in his now!!! It should be a good time tho. I haven't spent much time there since justin left. Its just very hard to be around his family in their surroundings without him there. Even the drive down there was hard the first time I did it without him. But like I said, this weekend I will be carefree and will have fun with my kids and my parents. That is if the kids are feeling better by then. Having sick kids is one of the worst part of being a mom. I just feel so helpless. Zak is just miserable but he doesn't complain. He's sneezing and coughing and basically laid around all day watching tv. Didn't eat much but a pretzel or two. His nose is running constantly and being a typical boy, he doesn't need kleenex. Just uses his shirt or his hand. Pretty funny considering I definetaly didn't teach him that one. I think boys just have it in their genes to be gross like that!!! And my little girl wasn't too bothered by her cold earlier but as the day went on....ugh. She's a typical girl, whiny and crabby and moody. She hasn't really been sick since she got rsv when she was a baby so I haven't seen her in action, so to speak. At one point during our movie watching, she climbed right up on my chest and passed out, just like she used to when she was a baby. I didn't want to put her down but the poor thing had a fever and was just dripping sweat. Not to mention zak then wanted to "seep on mama" too so they both ended up in their own beds for a FOUR hour nap! Then auntie jamie sent caycees birthday present, a pink cozy coupe car. So I put it together with a screwdriver and hammer and my lil man helped me with his tools. He was so cute. Everytime I hammered something he had to do it too, in the exact same spot. I can't wait to watch him build things with his daddy. So I thought this new car would fix all of the fighting they do over zaks cozy coupe. Oh man was I wrong. Now they both want to be in the new one bc the horn plays a song, unlike the one zak has. He sits in it and gets mad when she wants to get in there. And I feel so bad for her bc she just gets this look on her face and sometimes she just gives up and walks away but other times, she screeches and hits him. Ha I never know what to do about that. On one hand I yell at her for hitting but on the other, I can't say I blame her. He takes everything she has and only when she wants it. Its gotta be so frustrating for her. Oh well, guess she's just figuring out early that life isn't fair. They both went to bed around 830 so hopefully they'll be feeling better in the morning. My sister also woke up with whatver they have today so I'm just praying I can avoid this one. Although I don't think my chances are that good...between the snots that were wiped all over me and all the open mouth wet kisses I was given, I think its highly unlikely that ill miss this one. Oh well, that's life. I think I could be deathly ill and it still wouldn't take away the happiness I will feel in ten days! Wow, its crazy to even be able to write that, TEN DAYS!!! Well I guess I should try and get some sleep, gotta rest to avoid the ebola virus (that's what justin calls it when the kids get sick)! Haha

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

LESS than 257 hours!!! and by the time you read this even LESS!!! and when they finally give us a time even LESS!!! Way to go Auntie Jamie!

Sarah said...

There's a song by They Might Be Giants with the lyrics: "You're older than you've ever been & now you're even older, & now you're even older, & now you're older still." It's kinda funny, & sort of depressing, but that's what I think of when I think about Justin coming home... every time I think of it it's sooner. Cool.
I'm looking forward to this weekend too; we'll be heading down there Friday (probably). Cooper's got a cold too (you're lucky Zak uses his shirt; Cooper uses me!), so probably all the kids will be healthy & full of energy this weekend & you & I will be on death's door! Oh well, it'll be fun anyway.